Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Every dog I've made these for really liked them. the recipie originally came from the dog advice lady, Gina Spadkoulis(sp? sorry), in my local newspaper. Our neighbor's dog is ready to move in.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Greased (bacon fat is nice) 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- whirl everything in the blender till it's the consistancy of brownies.
- Bake about 25 minutes.
- Stick a knife in the center to test for doneness.
- Cut when cool.
- Keep in fridge or freeze.
- Sometimes I throw in some parsley flakes or sprinkle the top with commercial deep fried onion or garlic or use garlic powder.
Hello, I was searching and I came across your recipe. As a Registered Veterinary Technician it is part of my job to know about toxic substances, with that said I would just like to let you know that both onions and garlic are toxic to dogs.
Garlic being toxic to dogs is argued about a lot... it certainly is toxic to cats, but many, many, MANY people give their dogs garlic every day as flea prevention and never have any problem. I'd worry about giving them liver before giving them garlic, as liver is a "filter" organ in the body and therefore the site of lots of toxins from the animal. That's a LOT of toxins if you're using factory-farmed animals. I may try this with wild venison liver, though. Thanks for the recipe!