Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The reason that I call this recipe cafeteria style is because it mimics the famous liver and onions at a well-known buffet-style cafeteria chain in the south. This recipe is simple, relatively quick, and most of all, yummy! Happy eating!
- Preheat your oven to 425 (375 if convection oven).
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil. Spread the cooking oil to cover the bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle the liver with salt and pepper. Mix the paprika into the flour. Dredge the liver slices thoroughly in the flour mixture. Layer the flour-coated slices on the baking sheet, being careful not to overlap the slices. Drizzle some oil over the tops of the liver until no flour is showing. You may have to gently press down with your fingers to make sure the oil and flour is incorporated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Lightly salt the liver when removed from oven.
- In a large skillet, melt the half stick of butter. Slice the onions in 1/2 inch slices and cook over medium heat until soft almost caramelized.
- Serve the liver, covering with a generous helping of onions. Enjoy!