Top Review by Bergy
Loved my dinner last night. I don't micro wave so pan fried. Browned the soy painted liver. added the onions to thepan and about 6 tbsp chicken stock covered and cooked about 10 minutes, sprinkled in the sage removed from heat. Squeezed on the lemon. Great flavor from the soy, sage and lemon. A 1/2 lb of liver is really skimpy for three, serves two maximun
- 1⁄2 lb calf liver, sliced from 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick or 1⁄2 lb beef liver (Liver should be sliced from 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick.)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage, Ground
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (importedif avail)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- parsley, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut liver into serving pieces.
- Mix onions, oil, pepper and sage in 1-qt casserole.
- Cover and microwave on high (100 until onions are crisp tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Brush liver with soy sauce.
- Arrange with thickest pieces to outsied in 9- inch pie plate.
- Spoon onions evenly over liver.
- Cover tightly and microwave on high (100%) 3 minutes; turn pie plate one-half turn.
- Micro- wave until liver is no longer pink, 1 to 3 minutes (do not overcook).
- Let stand 3 minutes. (Liver will continue to cook while standing.) Sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley just before serving.