Recipe by Kayne
I grew up eating liver cooked this way, although without the onions, because this was the way Mum did it. I love it, and always have. Mum never liked onions, but once I married and left home, I learned to love them, so I just added them to the "recipe" - which by the way until now has never been written down.
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice and cook the onions in fry pan, using butter. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine the flour, pepper and salt, mix well.
- Coat the liver thoroughly in the flour mixture.
- Cook in butter over medium heat, turning once - depending on thickness, about 5 minutes per piece. I always keep them warm in the oven, set on it's lowest heat, until all the liver is cooked.
- When all done, reheat the onions in remaining butter.
- Serve the onions on top of the liver.