Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This delicious loaf is based on a recipe from a lovely website called www.ffcook.com. I've added paprika (smoked & hot!) and chopped chives as I think this livens it up! I think it's better cold - but, of course, it's yummy hot too! Enjoy!
- 300 g tuna, cooked (canned or fresh)
- 100 g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 100 g swiss cheese, grated
- 5 fluid ounces milk
- 2 fluid ounces olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- chopped chives
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven at 200°C/400°F.
- Mix the flour and the eggs together until smooth.
- Add the milk slowly, and then the oil.
- Add the baking powder, the crushed tuna and then the cheese.
- Mix well and add all the seasonings.
- Butter a loaf tin, pour in the mixture and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Made this for Pac Spring '08. Loved it, loved it, loved it. It's what I call a 'somethin outa nothin' recipe. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I was a little dubious at first, because the ingredients looked plain, but it was delicious. Loved it both hot and cold. Will definitely make this regularly. Thanks Tina and Dave!