Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cilantro and lime are the stars in this tomato salsa. But it gets a bit better with the inclusion of avocado. I tasted a similar salsa in a restaurant, and decided to make my own.
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 coarsely chopped firm avocado
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- Combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Allow flavours to meld for about 10 minutes before serving.
This one gets 10 stars! Great flavors and textures. Very fresh tasting. Just the right amount of heat. I had never added avocado to salsa and it is a nice touch. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
Wonderful!!! Made this for the Fall PAC Orphanage 2012 game and what a winner. I did cut the recipe in half but made as directed. This is definately a keeper. Thank you for posting.