Recipe by Rita~
Created for the Lively Lemon Lovelies of ZWT #8 our pub crawl is a Gin Crawl! Come visit and have a drink here http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=377158 Lemon Balm or lemon grass can be used in place of the lemon Verbena
Top Review by Mia in Germany
LOVED this one! I'm a huge fan of gin tonic anyway, and this was wonderful with the lemon verbena and the lemon juice. For the blueberry syrup, I made some myself from fresh blueberries. Not only did it look pretty but it added some more nice flavour. Thanks for creating this special team drink for our lovely team, Rita!
Made for ZWT 8 / Great Britain for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
- 10 lemon verbena leaves
- 1 ounce gin, preferably London dry, Boodles British Gin, Plymouth Gin, Tanqueray 10
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces tonic water, well chilled
- monin blueberry syrup
- lemon verbena leaves or lemon slices or frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the leaves.
- Add ice and the gin, lime juice and shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled balloon glass it will enhance all the aromas in the drink.
- Wipe the rim with a slice of lemon, stir in the tonic, drizzle blueberry syrup for color and sweetness and garnish with the verbena leaf and lemon slice.