From Sergei and Valya Boutenko's Eating Without Heating: Favorite Recipes from Teens Who Love Raw Food. They say about it: "You can make nori rolls, cabbage wraps, spread it on crackers, stuff mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and more." I have adapted it to fit in my little Oscar food processor.
- Grind the nuts in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and grind it up or put the rest of the ingredients in a "Champion Juicer with the blank plate in" and then combine with the ground nuts.
- Form into balls, cutlets, or fillets and sprinkle with a little paprika before serving.
- If the mixture is not firm enough, add one or more of the following: dill weed, dried garlic, dried onion, dried parley, nutritional yeast, psyllium husk powder, or ground flaxseeds.
- Note: If you want "fishburger", add seaweed (dulse, kelp, or nori) to the mixture.
WOW! Tasty! I was too lazy to do any chopping, or grating so I just threw everything into the food processor and it made more of a pate'. I love this stuff! Good just on a spoon! I added a handful of dates instead of the raisins and it was a little too thick for the processor so I added a tomato. Usually I'm not a raw onion lover but in this it is excellent and it just gives it a little hint of onion which is very complimentary to this dish. I also added some nutritional yeast as was suggested by someone else and YUMMY! Oh I used Herbamare seasoning cause that's what I had.
VERY good! it was a little moist, but worked just fine! i put a slice of tomato and avocado on top and put it between two lettuce leaves for a burger-like feel. A great meal! thanks so much for sharing!
Thank you for a great lunch mliss29! Tasty, tasty, tasty! My food processor decided it would try to take the day off and while DH was fiddling with its parts, I did this in the Vita Mix, so the consistency was way off (more like a pate than a burger) but the flavor was excellent!! Sprinkled the top with a little pink sea salt and nutritional yeast and both of us were licking fingers, backs of spoons and whatever else had contacted the mix. Really yummy! Thanks for posting! UPDATE: After the food processor was revivified, we made this again and the results in texture and taste were both AWESOME! Thanks again.