Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
That's comfort food for me. I think it's very similar to the Hungarian cabbage and noodles.
- 1 lb cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb wide egg noodles (like fetuccine)
- caraway seed (optional)
- Mix cabbage with salt and allow to stand 1/2 hour.
- Squeeze dry.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute cabbage onion, stirring occasionally until cabbage is lightly browned and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook noodles; drain.
- Mix noodles with cabbage, season with salt and pepper ,heat and serve.
- Optional:sprinkle with carraway seeds.
Good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written but I didn't add the optional ingredients. Next time I would add some butter to give it a bit more flavor.
I have to say that we really loved this. I added some diced ham to make it a full meal deal and it was delicious! Super easy and very good on the budget, gotta love that :D
Delicious comfort food for sure using unsalted butter in an amount greater than the oil and served with Yogurt Based Garlic Sauce (Good for Kebabs) with the ingredients to taste not measure, not too much lemon. I used sea salt, brown rice macaroni pasta to be gluten free, lots of freshly ground black pepper and the optional caraway seeds. I recommend this with the sauce and using butter. I would like to make this for DH as a meal if we don't have a lot on hand at some point. Made for Veggie Swap 31 ~ February 2011.