Recipe by littlemafia
That's comfort food for me. I think it's very similar to the Hungarian cabbage and noodles.
- 1 lb cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb wide egg noodles (like fetuccine)
- caraway seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cabbage with salt and allow to stand 1/2 hour.
- Squeeze dry.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute cabbage onion, stirring occasionally until cabbage is lightly browned and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook noodles; drain.
- Mix noodles with cabbage, season with salt and pepper ,heat and serve.
- Optional:sprinkle with carraway seeds.