1/8 Photos of Littlemafia's Supe Joh - Iranian Barley Soup
This is my favorite barley soup. I prefer to make it with oats, but it can be done with barley as well, just it takes longer to cook it. According to your taste, add more or less of anything. This is the way we like it. It's suppose to be thick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put water, onions,grated carrot and potato in a pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Add turmeric, tomato paste, chicken cubes,dried limes, salt and pepper.Pierce the dried limes so they release the flavor.
- 3Boil for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the oats and stir often.
- 5Boil for another 15 minutes and just before finishing add lemon juice and parsley.
Browse Our Top Iranian/Persian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Littlemafia's Supe Joh - Iranian Barley Soup
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.6
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 425.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: