Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love these things! They go really fast too. And goes with beer too!
- 250 g margarine
- 250 g cow's cheese (or any cheese for that matter) or 250 g ricotta cheese (or any cheese for that matter)
- 12 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- poppy seed
- cumin seed
- grated cheese
- Make a dough out of margarine,cow's cheese ,flour and salt.
- Divide the dough in 3.
- Roll out one sheet of about 1/2 cm thick.
- Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Cut the sticks 1 x10 cm with the back of the knife or with the curly knife.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at medium in the preheated oven.
- Continue with the other 2 sheets.
- Now sprinkle with cumin seed and grated cheese.
I made these with my children,but have to admit that we made a mistake-some small person got a bit over excited and added the beaten egg to the dough mixture. Well,we carried on regardless,so instead of trying to make these into sticks,we rolled them into little balls,then flattened them slightly,and baked them off. They actually turned out pretty well,considering our error. My only complaint would be that we found them to be very salty,so I would cut back on that next time. Made for PRMR.
It is wonderful recipe!!