Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Need something fast? Here you go...Oh, it can be done without the peppers too. Fry a sausage next to it if looking for something more consistent. Or slice it and add it to it, like my mom used to do.These days she doesn't eat a lot of potato paprikash,though.
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 cup water
- 4 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- In a heavy bottomed casserole, heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic. Add the caraway seeds, paprika, and water.
- Add the potatoes, peppers and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
I always try to duplicate the paprika potatoes my Grandma made. This is pretty close. Made for VegNSwap.
I loved these yummy potatoes! I made half of a recipe to serve 2 of us as a side dish, but this was more like a main dish - it made a lot! I left out the onions, otherwise made as directed and we really loved these - thanks for posting the recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
This was a great potato dish. It was quick and easy to make. Tasted just incredible. All the flavors and spices blended together perfectly, resulting in a tender, tasty potato treat. I served them with hot Italian sausages. Thanks for sharing littlemafia.