Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Popular around the holidays.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup poppy seed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Heat milk over medium heat, but do not boil.
- Stir in poppy seeds; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Cream together butter, lemon and maple syrup.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients. Blend well.
- Add poppy seed/milk mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto unoiled cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.