Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have this recipe from a Hungarian website and it just makes me wanna make some paprikash with it.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Slice cabbage head into slaw.
- Mince onion and green pepper and add to bowl.
- Add vinegar. sour cream,sugar,salt and pepper.
- Place your hands into the slaw, mix and squeeze the slaw so it makes some juice. This will make the slaw limp.
- Taste, add more salt if needed. Add more vinegar if wanted.
- Sprinkle paprika. Refrigerate till serving time.
- Good the next day also.
Good recipe. Made for VegNSwap.
I love the twist (for me) of using sour cream in place of the usual mayo. I used fat free sour cream to lessen the fat load and I also enjoyed the addition of the green pepper. I must tell you that I never but cabbage heads any more because I always end up tossing at least half and usually more since I'm the only slaw fan in the family. Instead I get the small pkg's of slaw mix that includes a bit of red cabbage and some carrot as well. It tastes good and I like the colors. I also used some red onion here because I had one cut. The F.F. sour cream, Splenda for the sugar and fresh veggies made a very tasty and healthy lunch :D. Thanks Little.
Very good. I did use yogurt in place of the sour cream.