Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got it from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Littlemafia's Asian Snack Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups crispy corn flakes cereal (such as Corn Chex)
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal, squares (such as Rice Chex)
- 2 cups sesame rice crackers, broken
- 1 cup tiny fat-free pretzel twists
- 3⁄4 cup wasabi peas
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- cooking spray
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Spread the mixture onto a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 200° for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
LOVED IT! Couldn't keep DS's hands out of it! I used Rice Chex and Crispix, and followed the recipe, as directed. I loved the hint of sweet and of course the spice of the curry and the wasabi peas! I'm so glad I tried this...I can't wait to make it again! Thanks for sharing, littlemafia. Made for ZWT.
Great twist on a snack mix. We used a Crispex cereal (half corn/half rice) and butter flavored pretzels. I like how this mix is just slightly spicy so everyone can enjoy it. Thanks for the treat!
Oh my goodness! This is sooooo addicting. I made this to take on our vacation for the road trip and we loved loved loved this. Its a little sweet and a bit spicy. PERFECT. I couldn't keep my hands out of the bag!!! Thank you for sharing with delicious snack with us. Its a keeper in our house!