Little White-Chocolate Lemon-Drizzle Cakes
- To prepare cakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist 12 (4-inch) tube pans with nonstick spray; dust with flour. Shake out excess flour. Set pans aside.
- Place white chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave on medium (50 percent) power until almost melted, stirring every 30 seconds with a small rubber spatula, then stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Combine cake mix, lemon zest, oil, water, eggs, lemon juice and melted white chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, until well combined. Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling each 2/3 full.
- Place pans on the center oven rack. Bake cakes until they spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edge of each cake; invert onto a rack. Invert again and let cool completely, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare lemon drizzle: Sift sugar into a small mixing bowl. Whisk in enough lemon juice to make the glaze smooth and easy to spoon. Fold in zest.
- Spoon drizzle over each cake, allowing it to run down the middle and sides. Let cakes rest for 20 minutes before serving.