1/7 Photos of Little Vanilla Pound Cake for 2
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
This is my favorite little vanilla pound cake. It's perfect for 2 people. It makes a great base for strawberry shortcakes! Top it with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate... yum. I have done a bunch of diferent things with this perfect little cake. It has a wonderful texture and melts in your mouth. You can easily double this but don't double the baking soda, just leave it at 1/8 teaspoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour pan very well. I designed this to go in a petit loaf pan that measures about 5x3x2 but you can use 2 mini Bundts, 4 cupcake cups, 2 jumbo muffin cups or whatever small pan you like. When doubled it works nicely with the 6 cup Bundt pan, a 5 inch springform, 4 mini Bundts or a 7x4x3 loaf pan.
- 2Whisk together flour and sugar in small mixing bowl.
- 3In another small bowl, whisk together sour cream and baking soda. Add egg and vanilla ex, gently whisk to combine.
- 4Add the butter and 1/2 of the sour cream mixture to the flour mixture and mix with electric mixer until moistened. Beat on low for about 45 seconds.
- 5Add remaining sour cream mixture and beat on medium until well blended, 30 seconds. Don't over mix or you'll ruin the texture.
- 6Pour into prepared pan and bake until browned well and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes for the petit loaf pan. When doubled bake 40 minutes in the small loaf pan. Baking times vary slightly depending on which pan you use. The important thing is that the cake is browned and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- 7Cool in pan 10 minutes on rack. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Vanilla Pound Cake for 2
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.0
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 151.2 mg
- Sodium 286.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g