Recipe by Annie Made
Spiced tahini cookies that look adorable and taste divine. High Altitude Note: Cut baking soda to 7/8 tsp, add 2 T more tahini and 2 T milk. Bake at 345°F for only 11-13 minutes. Salt Note: If you use unsalted butter add 1/4 tsp salt to the recipe with the flour. Sesame Seed Note: Use hulled seeds.
- 6 tablespoons softened salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup tahini
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄8 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar.
- Add tahini and vanilla.
- Using a sifter, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves and add to wet ingredients. Combine well.
- Pour sesame seeds into a small bowl. Make 2 tablespoon balls from dough, about 24 plus some, and roll in sesame seeds. Top each with a raisin.
- Place cookies about 2 inches from each other on non-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Do NOT over-bake. The cookies need a little moisture to keep from crumbling apart.
- Leaving the cookies on the baking sheet, cool on baking racks for 5 minutes before handling. Again, to control the crumble factor.