These are lucious little loaves cooked in a muffin tin. You can chop the scallions, cilantro, lemongrass and garlic together in a food processor to save time. This recipe needs no salt or pepper. You can buy Thai Peanut Sauce already made, but I've included a recipe in case you like making your own. Judge the hot pepper by your own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1 small fresh hot pepper, remove seeds and dice
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup strong tea
- 6 medium scallions, trim and include white and green
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 stalk lemongrass (can use lemon zest from 1/2 lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground turkey (mixed light and dark)
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice (out of the box)
- 1/4 cup unsweetend low-fat coconut milk (from 14 ounce can)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (plain, dried)
- 1/2 cup thai peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Coat 6 muffin pan cups with nonstick spray.
- 3THAI PEANUT SAUCE:.
- 4Puree all ingredients together to make an almost smooth sauce.
- 5Chunky peanut butter can be used for more texture.
- 7Pulse scallions, cilantro, lemongrass and garlic 8 to 10 times in food processor until finely chopped.
- 8Scrape into large bowl.
- 9Add turkey, rice, 1/2 cup each of coconut milk and peanut sauce, and the sesame oil.
- 10Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- 11Pack turkey mixture into the muffin cups.
- 12Bake until center reads 170 degrees F (30 - 35 minutes).
- 13Remove from tins to serve.
- 15Whisk together coconut milk, peanut sauce and sugar.
- 16Warm slightly.
- 17Drizzle on loaves or serve separately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Thai Turkey Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.0
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 517.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: