tree luee dee's Note:
These are so easy and fun to make. I got the recipe out of an old Pillsbury Cookbook that focused on making recipes using refrigerated biscuit dough. The last time I made them, I was watching my neighbor's twin boys (they're 4 years old), and they got to help with these. They were just thrilled and felt like actual chefs. I think it was almost like playing with play dough for them. They got to take a plate home to their parents and they were so proud. This recipe says to make them in regular-sized muffin tins, however, you can also use mini muffin tins. If you do use mini muffin tins, you'll use the same method except that you will split each biscuit of dough in half. Then roll it out just slightly (not into a 4-inch circle) and place the dough into the mini muffin tins. Also, you'll obviously have to decrease the amount of pie filling and streusel you put on the minis, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) can flaky refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line 10 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- 3In a small bowl mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter until crumbs form.
- 4Stir in nuts.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Take the biscuits out of the tube and separate them in to 10 biscuits.
- 7On a lightly floured surface, roll out each biscuit into a 4-inch circle.
- 8Press each circle of dough in cupcake holder pressing onto the bottom and up the side of the cup.
- 9Fill each dough cup with cherry pie filling, just about to the top of the dough.
- 10Take the reserved topping and sprinkle it over each cherry muffin.
- 11Muffin cups will be full.
- 12Bake for 15- 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Remember you can use apple pie filling, blueberry pie filling, etc.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Streusel Pies
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 437.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g