Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
if you like garlic...
- 1⁄4 cup peeled and chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 grated lime, rind of
- Saute garlic in oil until golden. Add with lime juice to chicken broth.
- Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Lower heat and continue to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the garlic taste permeates the soup.
- Meanwhile, blend eggs andj grated lime rind in a bowl, adding a little salt and peppper. Add egg mixture to garlic soup a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Turn up heat slightly, but do not allow soup to boil. Continue to cook about 5 minutes. Serve with chopped cilantro and sliced limes for garnish.
This was a simple and quick recipe that I made for PAC 2007. I used olive oil for the oil. This was delicious and would not change a thing. Thanks pEa_Nut!