Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My aunt always makes little smokies this way. It's by far the best recipe and easiest that I know for little smokies. I couldn't find one like it on Zaar. We use it on family buffets for events such as showers or Super Bowl and it is always a favorite.
- 1 lb Little Smokies sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) jar cherry preserves, small jar that's approx 10-12 oz will do. The jars around here are 18 oz and I use about 3/4 for a p
- Bring little smokies and the preserves to a low boil and then simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until the jelly thickens a little. Stir occasionally to keep from burning or sticking.
- We put them in a serving dish if they are going to be eaten fairly quickly. If to be left out for guests to graze on for awhile, then we puy them in a fondue pot (or sometimes we set out an electric skillet on low) to keep warm.
- Easily doubled or tripled for large crowds.
- Note - two 18 ounce jars of preserves and 3 packages of smokies do well for a large batch.