Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
I got a idea and came up with a great recipe for little smokies (hillshire farms plain smokies) They were so tasty that while they were simmering in the crockpot my husband had to run up to the store and by more ingredients for another batch for our holiday gathering here at home. I had used some ingredients that I had on hand from the ref. These are delicious and can be made for holiday gatherings, or for any special occassion. This recipe can be doubled for larger gatherings.
- 1 (1 lb) packagehillshire farms Little Smokies sausage (plain)
- 1⁄2 cup concord grape jelly
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter (homemade or store brand)
- 1⁄2 cup smucker's pineapple topping
- 1 cup kraft original barbecue sauce
- In a crockpot heat grape jelly,apple butter, pineapple topping and barbecue sauce. Stir to blend together while warming.
- Add little smokies and stir to cover them.
- Simmer on low in the crockpot til ready to serve.
- NOTE: Occasionally stir with wooden spoon while simmering, to avoid sticking to sides of crockpot.