Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
These are great little appetizers to serve for the holidays. or even just as a snack at anytime.
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 3⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 4 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lb little smokie cocktail franks
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients; heat and stir over medium heat until mixture is smooth.
- Add the little smokies; heat 5-6 minutes, or until hot.
- Serve with frilled toothpicks.
These were only marginally successful. I thought the sauce was too sweet and spices a little overpowering. It didn't go over too well with my guests, either. I had quite a few left over.
I only had about 1/3 c of chili sauce so had to sub ketchup for the remaining sauce. I made the recipe as written otherwise. It is delicious. I hate to admit it but the two of us ate the entire batch. It is delicious and enjoyed it very much. Do try this great recipe.
This appetizer was a hit at my dinner party! It took me maybe 8-10 minutes to throw it all together. The little smokies had just the right amount of tanginess. They sure dissappeared quick, and I wish I made 2 batches instead of one!