1/6 Photos of Little Smoked Salmon Cucumber Cups With Peppered Creme Fraiche
French Tart's Note:
Delightful and EASY little smoked salmon and cucumber appetisers, and healthy too, with NO pastry! These are a breeze to make but they tick all the taste boxes, as well as being elegant. Cucumbers do vary in size, and I have suggested a medium cucumber, which is about 10" to 12" long.........however, any size will do!! Adjust the crème fraiche to how many cups you yield from a cucumber, I managed to make 30 cups and used 10 tablespoons of crème fraîche for that amount, 1 teaspoon per cup. Serve these with cocktails and pre-dinner drinks, or as part of a buffet. The cucumber cups and crème fraîche can be prepared beforehand, but these should only be assembled 1 hour before serving (at the most) and covered in cling film to ensure the smoked salmon does not dry out. Allow 2 to 4 per person, depending on what else is served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the cucumber into 1 1/2 inch slices, and carefully hollow out the centre (with any seeds) with a pointed teaspoon, so you are left with a shallow hollow.
- 2Mix the lemon zest and black pepper with the crème fraiche and adjust seasoning to taste, adding the black pepper bit by bit to ensure a favourable taste! (We like ours quite peppery!) I have not suggested salt as the smoked salmon is salty, but do add salt to taste if you wish.
- 3Spoon a little seasoned crème fraiche into each cucumber cup, about 1 teaspoon per cup.
- 4Cut the smoked salmon into 6-inch long strips and about 1/2 inch wide, and curl them around to make a little circle, then place the circle of smoked salmon on top of the crème fraiche.
- 5Garnish with lemon slices if you wish, or with dill or parsley. Makes about 30 according to size of cucumber.
- 6You can prepare the cucumber cups and crème fraiche several hours beforehand- cover them and store them in the fridge; assemble them just before you are ready to serve them.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Smoked Salmon Cucumber Cups With Peppered Creme Fraiche
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.7 mg
- Sodium 261.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g