Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A different, nummy little meatloaf, with a surprise inside! from B H & G
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) jar garlic and onion pasta sauce (1 3/4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto (thin slices) or 4 slices ham, about 2 oz (thin slices)
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated fresh fettuccine or 1 (9 ounce) package spinach fettuccine
- finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine egg, 1/4 cup of the pasta sauce, the fine dry bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add ground beef, mix well.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into four logs measuring approximately 2 1/4x1/4x1/2 inches.
- Wrap a slice of prosciutto or ham around each cheese log.
- Shape one fourth of the ground beef mixture around each cheese log to form a loaf.
- Flatten the four meat loves to 1 1/2 inches thick and place in a shallow paking pan.
- Bake loaves, uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or till meat is done.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, and heat remaining pasta sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat till bubbly.
- Arrange meat loaves over hot cooked pasta on a serving plate.
- Spoon sauce over top and if desired sprinkle with cheese.
Outstanding! Also delicious! I doubled the recipe (actually used 2 pounds of ground beef), made 9 little loaves (froze 4 of 'em for later). Didn't have prosciutto or ham, so didn't get the "full effect" but we loved 'em anyway! I'm under strict orders to add this to the REGULAR family repertoire. So, THANKS Derf...this is a KEEPER!