Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend showed me this snack back in the early '80's. We were both single Mom's and we would make these snacks a lot on Friday or Saturday nights when we had all the kids togather. They loved them. We never had a name for them just called them "Little Sausage Snacks."
- 1 (12 ounce) package pork sausage, mild
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot pork sausage
- 16 ounces Cheez Whiz
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 loaf pumpernickel cocktail bread
- Brown sausage and drain. Add the cheese and spices, blend well.
- Top the Pumpernickel bread with sausage and cheese. Arrange on a cookie sheet and cook in broiler oven until cheese starts to bubble.