1/3 Photos of Little Rooster's Cafe Corned Beef Hash
From the Little Rooster Cafe in Manchester, Vermont, this lifts the humble corned beef hash upward to stardom! Adapted from Rachael Ray's $40 a Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces chopped corned beef
- 2 whole potatoes, peeled, cooked and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (for frying)
- 1Heat a medium skillet and pour in oil.
- 2Mix all the ingredients together and sauté over medium high heat until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- 3At the restaurant, the hash is placed on a plate, topped with two poached eggs, bechamel sauce is ladled on, and it is served with two slices of toast.
- 4If you wish to use the bechamel sauce:.
- 5In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted. Add the flour and stir until smooth. Over medium heat, cook until the mixture turns a light, golden color, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan until just about to boil. Add the hot milk to the butter mixture, a cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Season with salt and nutmeg, and set aside until ready to use. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Use amount of sauce to taste.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Rooster's Cafe Corned Beef Hash
Serving Size: 1 (780 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1000.6
- Calories from Fat 567
- Total Fat 63.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 238.9 mg
- Sodium 3939.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 45.5 g