Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious muffin from the children's story "Little Red Riding Hood", the modern version. In this story, Grandma uses a "secret" recipe. Make a batch to eat while you watch "Hoodwinked"!
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml wheat flour
- 236.59 ml white flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml blueberries
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds (Granny's secret ingredient)
- Mix eggs, butter, sugar, and almond extract.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in the blueberries and the secret ingredient.
- Fill greased muffin tins ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.
Thank you for posting this recipe! My son brought this book home from school several years ago and we loved the recipe so much that we photocopied it from the book--but today I couldn't find my copy! I'm so glad to have been able to find the exact recipe from the book online. These are delicious :)
We read this book at the library a year ago and made the recipe a few times. Delicious. Glad to find it again as I have a lot of blueberries right now and have been thinking of this recipe. We have tried Grannys secret ingredient in chocolate chip cookies too, really good.
So glad you posted this recipe ~ we checked out this book about a year ago and forgot to record this recipe~ who knew how good almond extract and sunflower seeds compliment blueberry muffins!