Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe years ago in a cookbook from one of the local churches. It's easy and so good. One of my family's favorites.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken in 13 x 9 baking dish and top with green pepper, onion and mushrooms.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
I had purchased some chicken thighs on sale. Made this as directed other then I didn't add the mushrooms and I used a 15 ounce can of tomato sauce. I also used Splenda brown sugar blend as that is all I buy. I also used apple cider vinegar as it didn't state what kind to use. Made for a tasty dinner. I cooked mine for an hour and a half.
Good flavor that makes the most of chicken thighs. Stays juicy even with the skin removed. I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned.
This one's a keeper! I don't care for chicken thighs but this flavorful dish really surprised us! Super easy, goes together in a flash, with lots of tangy tomatoey flavor. Let sit for a few minutes before serving and spooned some sauce over the chicken. A nice change from plain old baked, breaded, or barbecued chicken. Thanks for sharing the recipe!