Recipe by Alisa Lea
I found this recipe years ago in a cookbook from one of the local churches. It's easy and so good. One of my family's favorites.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I had purchased some chicken thighs on sale. Made this as directed other then I didn't add the mushrooms and I used a 15 ounce can of tomato sauce. I also used Splenda brown sugar blend as that is all I buy. I also used apple cider vinegar as it didn't state what kind to use. Made for a tasty dinner. I cooked mine for an hour and a half.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce