1 hr 10 mins
Can be made up to 8 hours in advance and kept at room temperature
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 ounces refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crusts (I use Pillsbury)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 lbs firm-ripe anijou pears (Comice or Barlett pears can be used also, peeled and cut into 1 in. chunks)
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries or 1/2 pint frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 teaspoons milk, for brushing crusts
- 1Place oven rack in lowest position. Heat to 400°F You'll need 6 deep (1 cup capacity) ramekins that measure about 3 1/2 inches across top (See Note) and a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- 2Unroll or unfold pie crust on work surface. Cut three 4 1/2 inch circles out of each crust, then a 1 inch circle out of center of each. Discard scraps.
- 3Mix 1 cup of sugar, the cornstarch, ginger and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add pears and raspberries; toss gently to mix and coat. Divide evenly among ramekins. Center crust rounds over filling; turn overhang under to make a stand-up edge. Flute or crimp edge, gently pressing pastry onto rim of ramekins to adhere. Brush middle of crusts with milk and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbs sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 4Bake 40 to 45 minutes until filling bubbles and juices thicken. Remove pies to a wire rack and cool 15 minutes. If serving hot, or cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- 5NOTES You can also use 12-oz. custard cups. The crust will fit on top without an overhang.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Pear-Raspberry Pot Pies
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.9
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 345.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 61.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: