Little Pear-Raspberry Pot Pies
- Place oven rack in lowest position. Heat to 400°F You'll need 6 deep (1 cup capacity) ramekins that measure about 3 1/2 inches across top (See Note) and a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Unroll or unfold pie crust on work surface. Cut three 4 1/2 inch circles out of each crust, then a 1 inch circle out of center of each. Discard scraps.
- Mix 1 cup of sugar, the cornstarch, ginger and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add pears and raspberries; toss gently to mix and coat. Divide evenly among ramekins. Center crust rounds over filling; turn overhang under to make a stand-up edge. Flute or crimp edge, gently pressing pastry onto rim of ramekins to adhere. Brush middle of crusts with milk and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbs sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until filling bubbles and juices thicken. Remove pies to a wire rack and cool 15 minutes. If serving hot, or cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- NOTES You can also use 12-oz. custard cups. The crust will fit on top without an overhang.