1/1 Photo of Little Peanut Butter Party Tarts
3 hrs 26 mins
3 hrs 10 mins
Tasty little morsels from a 1963 Peter Pan Peanut Butter Cook Book -- plan a special party just to serve these oh-so-good sweets!! NOTE: Prep time includes 2-3 hour chill time! Please note lower baking temperature if your muffin pan is dark -- my photo shows that my tarts baked for Labor Day are a little overcooked! Next time I'll bake them at the lower temperature --
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter (equals 5 tablespoons, at room temperature)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup flour (sifted)
- 1Pastry directions:.
- 2Combine softened butter and cream cheese and cut-in flour for pastry. Knead dough slightly and shape into a ball.
- 3Refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours until well chilled, for easier handling. Or stick the dough in the freezer to cut down on the chill time!
- 4Divide well chilled dough into 24 small balls and press into mini muffin pans or tart shells.
- 5Filling directions:.
- 6Preheat oven to 375 degrees or to 350 degrees for dark pans.
- 7Blend peanut butter and beaten egg ~ combine with all other ingredients.
- 8Pour into pastry-lined pans, filling about 3/4 full.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees, or 350 degrees if pan is dark, for about 16-18 minutes, until filling is set and pastry is nicely browned.
- 10When cool sprinkle filling with confectioner’s sugar.
- 11Makes 24 tarts.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Peanut Butter Party Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 86.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g