Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
little spicy meatballs with a yoghurt, mint and garlic sauce. perfect with drinks
Make and share this Little Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- grate the zucchini and squeeze out the moisture. add all the other ingredients and mix together with your hands. the consistency should be quite firm – add more breadcrumbs if needed.
- shape into mini burgers taking a small handful at a time or use a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll into balls.
- put on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven at 180C for 20 minutes until browned. serve with mint sauce.
- makes 35 meatballs or 12 mini burgers.
- the mint sauce: mash together 1 clove of garlic and a small handful of mint leaves to a paste in a pestle. add the juice of one lemon and mash some more. mix in 3/4 of a cup of thick natural yoghurt and add salt and pepper to taste.
These were tasty little treats. I was skeptical of the zucchini in the meatballs but it baked into a light morsel. The sauce was marvellous - very fresh-tasting, and delicious with the meatballs. We made pita wraps out of this recipe, adding sliced tomato, for a delicious lunch.