Recipe by mollypaul
Tiny light lemony pancakes -- simply adorable! And they taste good, too. From "Great Good Food".
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Excellent! Light and tender little lemony bursts of flavor. I only wish I had doubled or even tripled the recipe. Just wonderful - and very accurate, clear instructions too.
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml club soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 lemon, zest of, of
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in large bowl.
- Add milk, club soda, egg yolk, lemon zest, vanilla and oil.
- Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Over medium-high heat, drop batter by tablespoonfuls to make 2-inch pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- (Be careful not to let them burn-- doesn't take long to cook!).