Recipe by mollypaul
Tiny light lemony pancakes -- simply adorable! And they taste good, too. From "Great Good Food".
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Excellent! Light and tender little lemony bursts of flavor. I only wish I had doubled or even tripled the recipe. Just wonderful - and very accurate, clear instructions too.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup club soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 -2 lemon, zest of, of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in large bowl.
- Add milk, club soda, egg yolk, lemon zest, vanilla and oil.
- Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Over medium-high heat, drop batter by tablespoonfuls to make 2-inch pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- (Be careful not to let them burn-- doesn't take long to cook!).