Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tiny light lemony pancakes -- simply adorable! And they taste good, too. From "Great Good Food".
Make and share this Little Lemon Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in large bowl.
- Add milk, club soda, egg yolk, lemon zest, vanilla and oil.
- Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Over medium-high heat, drop batter by tablespoonfuls to make 2-inch pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- (Be careful not to let them burn-- doesn't take long to cook!).
Excellent! Light and tender little lemony bursts of flavor. I only wish I had doubled or even tripled the recipe. Just wonderful - and very accurate, clear instructions too.
These were adorable alright, and they were very tasty, light and fluffy with the just the right amount of lemon-I used the zest of 1 large one. The best way to describe the feeling of eating them is “extremely pleasant“. I topped them with pureed strawberries & honey. Thanks for the final warning, I watched those babies like a hawk, and they came out perfectly!
These were really delicious. I made a few substitions because I didn't have all the ingredients on hand - club soda was replaced with the juice of one lemon, I omitted the lemon zest for lack of a zester (and no patience to cut it by hand), canola oil was replaced with a little more than a tablespoon of plain yogurt, and I only used one egg white. They came out light and fluffy and with a hint of lemon and sweetness, and were really delicious. Thanks!