Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A spritz or Piped cookie
- 2 cups butter, room temperature (do not substitute!!!)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon essence or 1 teaspoon extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cups sifted flour
- Preheat oven to 180degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar; cream until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well; stir in lemon zest and lemon extract. Gradually add flour to mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pack the dough into a cookie press fitted with desired template or a piping bag.
- Begin cranking and twisting (if you use a cookie presspress) the cookie dough through cookie press, forming desired shapes, or pipe with piping bag onto chilled ungreased cookie sheets about 1-inch apart. (I made mine tiny).
- Bake for around 8-9 mins, depending on the size, and let cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.