Recipe by Shari2
This came from a Joanna Lund cookbook. I made this and my son ate 1/2 of it.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This was wonderful!!! It did need to cook a little longer than specified, about 20 minutes, but it was delicious! I used hot salsa and sour cream substitute instead of sour cream, and cheddar cheese slices instead of american cheese. It turned out wonderful! Thanks!
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until done.
- In a large bowl mix together the mushroom soup, salsa, sour cream, and parsley flakes.
- Add the frozen potatoes.
- Mix well to combine.
- Stir in browned meat.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Evenly put the cheese slices on the top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place the baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.