Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from a Joanna Lund cookbook. I made this and my son ate 1/2 of it.
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 slices American cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until done.
- In a large bowl mix together the mushroom soup, salsa, sour cream, and parsley flakes.
- Add the frozen potatoes.
- Mix well to combine.
- Stir in browned meat.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Evenly put the cheese slices on the top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place the baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
This was wonderful!!! It did need to cook a little longer than specified, about 20 minutes, but it was delicious! I used hot salsa and sour cream substitute instead of sour cream, and cheddar cheese slices instead of american cheese. It turned out wonderful! Thanks!
My only sub was white american cheese. I added a bit extra salsa and sour cream as well. This was very easy and good for a Sunday brunch. Thanks for an easy recipe:)
We enjoyed this nice easy casserole dish. Like some other reviewers I added salt pepper and worchestershire sauce. I did add extra sour cream and salsa because I found the mixture to be a bit dry before I put it in the oven.