Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Remember Little King Subs? Well, here is a salad with all the great taste of the Little King Sandwich. This is great as a side salad, pot luck dish or a meal in itself. Make sure you buy deli meats and have them slice the meat thick for you.
- 1 head lettuce, chopped up
- 1⁄4 lb chopped ham
- 1⁄4 lb chopped turkey
- 1⁄4 lb chopped hard salami
- 1⁄4 lb chopped pepperoni
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix up your salad ingredients.
- Add the dressing and toss well.
- If you wish, chop up some dinner rolls to add to the salad before serving or have the rolls on the side.
This was a nice alternative to my standard Italian salad. Great to pair with soup for a meal. I eliminated the onion, and added 1/4 cup parmesan to the dressing and used my hand held blender to mix the dressing.
This is a wonderful Italian style salad. My daughter brought this recipe home years ago from her Foods class in high school. It has to be my favorite salad. Thanks for posting, now I can toss out my paper copy!
I've never had the subs but I really loved this salad!