Recipe by Shelby Jo
This recipe was originally submitted to Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine by Dawn Dhooghe of Concord, North Carolina. "I lightened up one of my husband's favorite burgers, although the original was good, we actually like this better."
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light beer or 2 tablespoons water
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 3 slices monterey jack pepper cheese, cut in half
- 6 dinner rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 6 tablespoons shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 6 patties.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls with salsa sour cream and lettuce.