Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Perfect flavors of a grinder you would get in Little Italy, only toasted to perfection. You could sub salami for capicola.
- 2 slices ciabatta
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 3 slices capicola, hot variety preferred
- roasted sweet red pepper (antipasto)
- Spread pesto on inside of each slice of bread.
- Create sandwich by layering tomato, cheese, meat, and peppers.
- Grill on panini press or skillet until heated through and cheese is melted.
I made this sandwich last night for dinner and it was delicious. The ingredients were simple, but the flavors blended well together. Will definitely make this again. Very close to the panini sandwiches we ate in Italy.
This is wonderful! The hot melty cheese with the spicy capicola and pesto flavor was lovely. I roasted my own red pepper to use. Thanks for sharing!