1/1 Photo of Little Irish Hog
A local butcher has a rendition of this. I am doing my best, using my own tastebuds to replicate this delicious piece of meat! Stuffed with corned beef and swiss,and sauerkraut, the cheese is ooey gooey, the smell while frying is mouth watering. I can't figure out all the seasonings, and have added caraway to mine, as the one I ate did not have it, I thought it was fitting for this. Here goes.
My Private Note
meat ro ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound out the pork cutlets to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 2You can use smaller pieces of meat, and divide the ingredients accordingly.
- 3Mix seasonings together. Season both sides with the seasoning, just to coat lightly.
- 4Lay half of the corned beef on each piece of pork, to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- 5Spread the sauerkraut, on top of the corned beef.
- 6Place the cheese slices on top of this, then start rolling the meat toward the opposite end. (Like you would with cinnamon rolls).
- 7Secure with butcher string, in two or three places, tuck ends in if you wish.
- 8I use a heavy cast iron skillet, heated, with a drizzle of olive oil in the bottom.
- 9Cook over medium-low heat, on all four sides, rotating every 5 minutes.
- 10More oil may be added if necessary.
- 11Put a lid on and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- 12When all browned, and you can see the cheese start to ooze out the end, plate and let rest a few minutes before cutting away string.
- 13I appreciate your comments on this one!
- 14I may be off on the amount of filling for each one.
- 15** these may be grilled also, but finish the cooking with the meat rolls placed on aluminum foil, or the goodies will run out!
- 16Freezes well, from the raw stage. Un-thaw before cooking.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Irish Hog
Serving Size: 1 (676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1207.2
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 463.1 mg
- Sodium 2435.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 138.1 g