Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy, healthy holiday cookies featuring three types of seeds, oats and just a little butter. I really liked these and think they make a great addition to the holiday cookie platter. I think adding some cinnamon or other warm winter spices would make these even more seasonal.
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 25 g flax seeds
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 75 g oats
- 1.23 ml ground vanilla bean (or a combination of cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, what you like)
- 1 egg
- 35 g butter
- 36.97 ml honey
- 0.25 ml salt
- In a big bowl combine all the seeds and the oats. Add vanilla (or other spices), salt, honey, butter and the egg.
- Mix well. Knead into a dough if not mixed well enough already.
- Using two teaspoons form dough into small dumpling shaped cookies (see pic).
- Place onto paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 180°C/390°F for about 10-15 minutes. The cookies should be browned on top.
Made this for Little Miss (DD) and her friend who had a play together. Her friend is allergic to Lactose, Gluten and Nuts. Little Miss is allergic to Lactose. So this recipe really suited us. Little Miss said they were very yummy! I didn't get to taste one because Little Miss wouldn't share and I don't eat eggs. Will be making them again using vegan egg because they are healthy for Little Miss and I could try one. I wasn't sure if they would hold together after they have been in the oven but I allowed them to cool on the rack and they easily stayed together. Thanks so much for posting your recipe Lalaloula
I had my doubts about this with no flour to bind it all together. Made it as written and they were wonderful. I did add one teaspoon of ground chia, (trying to use it up). I stored them in the fridge, they lasted us about a week and the flavor and texture seemed to improve. Thanks for a tasty and healthy snack.
This is so good. I had to use chia seeds instead of flax seeds cause I didn't have it. I used ground cinnamon. After 10 minutes they were ready. And maybe a little bit too dark. So next time I may bake them at 375 F for 10 minutes. Thanks Lalaloula :) Made for the Australian swap for February 2011