Recipe by Lalaloula
Yummy, healthy holiday cookies featuring three types of seeds, oats and just a little butter. I really liked these and think they make a great addition to the holiday cookie platter. I think adding some cinnamon or other warm winter spices would make these even more seasonal.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Made this for Little Miss (DD) and her friend who had a play together. Her friend is allergic to Lactose, Gluten and Nuts. Little Miss is allergic to Lactose. So this recipe really suited us. Little Miss said they were very yummy! I didn't get to taste one because Little Miss wouldn't share and I don't eat eggs. Will be making them again using vegan egg because they are healthy for Little Miss and I could try one. I wasn't sure if they would hold together after they have been in the oven but I allowed them to cool on the rack and they easily stayed together. Thanks so much for posting your recipe Lalaloula
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 25 g flax seeds
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 75 g oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground vanilla bean (or a combination of cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, what you like)
- 1 egg
- 35 g butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl combine all the seeds and the oats. Add vanilla (or other spices), salt, honey, butter and the egg.
- Mix well. Knead into a dough if not mixed well enough already.
- Using two teaspoons form dough into small dumpling shaped cookies (see pic).
- Place onto paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 180°C/390°F for about 10-15 minutes. The cookies should be browned on top.