fantastic for the lunch box. always looking for stuff for lunch.
Make and share this Little Ham and Cheese Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Lightly grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan.
- Heat oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 minutes, or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Cut 4 x 10cm (diameter) circles from each sheet of pastry. Use to line muffin holes. Combine onion, ham and cheese. Divide between pastry shells.
- Combine eggs and milk in a jug. Whisk with a fork. Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Adorable, simple and delicious! I used 2 puff pastry sheets and got nearly 2 dozen tarts. I made some with spinach instead of ham. Both were fabulous. Thanks for posting!