1/1 Photo of Little Grilled Mushroom Bites
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Here's a wonderful and versatile hors d'oeuvres that's prepared on the grill. The mushrooms can be partly grilled and stuffed ahead of time. Simply grill to finishe cooking and heat through just before serving. Recipe found in Andrea Chesman's The Vegetarian Grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped, optional (optional) or 1 teaspoon dried herbs (optional)
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumb (made from any high-quality white or whole grain bread)
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated (such as Parmesan or provolone)
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons wine (your choice) or 2 tablespoons stock
- 1Prepare a medium-hot fire in the grill with a vegetable grill in place.
- 2Remove stems from mushrooms and hollow out the caps (reserve stems and trimmings).
- 3Brush both sides of mushroom caps with olive and sprinkle inside of caps with salt and pepper.
- 4Grill mushrooms, hollow side down, until partially cooked (about 5 minutes) and set aside.
- 5Combine reserved mushroom stems and trimmings with remaining olive oil and garlic and toss to coat well.
- 6Grill, tossing frequently, until lightly cooked (about 5 minutes).
- 7Finely chop the mushroom pieces and garlic, either by hand or with a food processor.
- 8Combine in medium-sized bowl with the breadcrumbs, cheese, sherry and herbs (if using).
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Stuff into the mushroom caps, mounding up the filling and pressing with your fingers to pack tightly.
- 11Grill stuffed mushrooms, stuffing side up, until the mushrooms are completely cooked and the cheese is melted (about 10 minutes).
- 12Serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Grilled Mushroom Bites
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 222.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g