My dad shared this recipe with me after making a delicious dinner. Simple and versatile!
Make and share this Little Grandma's Easy Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup shrimp (great way to use leftovers) or 1 cup chicken (great way to use leftovers) or 1 cup tuna (great way to use leftovers)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Combine all ingredients except rice in a large pot.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring often to keep from scorching.
- Serve over rice.
- Optional: mix in veggies of your choice.
I can't believe how good this was and how easy to have a delish curry dish in such a short time. I took out too much meat (shrimp and crab flavoured pollock) so doubled the recipe. Used a can each of Campbell's condensed potato soup and cream of chicken, tripled the curry as I love curry, served mine over brown basmati rice and my boys over farfalle pasta, added some frozen sweet peas for veg & colour contrast. Wonderful, simple meal for a busy night or at the end of a tiring day. Will definitely be including this on our regular menu rotation. Thanks Sunny for posting this wonderful recipe! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011 :)
I love this shrimp curry recipe. I used 1 can of cheddar cheese soup, one can of cream of shrimp, 1 can of cream of chicken and thined it with coconut milk..I added extra curry powder for my personal taste, (lots) added 3 cans of drained mushroom bits and pieces, green onions and 3 jars drained red pimentos bits. Severed over saffron rice wth raisins, peanuts, coconut, and mango chutney to fav the curry if my guest desired
This is the Quick Curry Recipe I was hopping to find when I joined food.com
Any frozen or chopped vegetables go really well.
I also added some milk to get a runnier sauce.