Recipe by Bergy
These little beauties are great to mix between your other Christmas cookies on a platter. They freeze well too. Put them in a tin with a tight fitting lid. Great for gifts. Put a dab of marzipan on top or decorate with a wee holly leaf etc.
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum or 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup green glazed cherries, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup candied red cherries, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the rum over the raisins, cover with plastic wrap and marinate them for several hours or overnight Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time beat after each addition.
- In another bowl mix your dry ingredients (Flour, Baking soda, and spices).
- Stir the dry mixture into the butter& sugar.
- Stir in raisins/rum and milk.
- Stir in the fruit& nuts.
- Line miniature muffin tins with fancy Christmas paper liners or plain ones.
- Fill 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.